If you stand before a choice of design styles and want to find a match between the future interior and your state of mind, do not rush to buy fashion magazines about interior design trends, read horoscopes, tests, psychology, identifying your personality type, or flipping a book on Feng Shui for the planning apartment. There are several simple tips for the design choice that will make your home a paradise for your family.
GUIDANCE ON STYLE SELECTION:
1. For the correct choice of the design it is necessary to find a compromise between your taste and convenience of the future interior in order to feel comfortable afterwards. Do not chase the fashion, and do not attempt to accurately convey the selected style. The perfect embodiment can be only in the manual and practice any style of design is being as one sees fit of or a specific task.
2. No matter how long we would reflect on the beauty, the most important criterion for selection is the price of the design. At many styles expensive items can be used (hand-made furniture, antiques,pieces from expensive natural materials), which are almost impossible to replace, or substitution of simple objects will look ridiculous. Do not make cheap copies, preserve the disengagement. For example it is better to choose cheaper and less quality sorts of wood than buying a fake on natural wood. The same can be said about the choosing of fabric, leather, furs, stones and other materials.
3. Another not less important criterion for selection of the interior design is the area of the apartment and ceiling height. Many classic styles require an abundance of furniture and decor, and hence the space. Do not turn the room into a warehouse. For small areas, use styles and solutions that are visually expand the space.
4. Do not forget about the functional purpose of the room. Whatever beautiful does not show you a decoration in a bathroom or kitchen; it is, above all, bathroom and kitchen. Style must meet the requirements for comfort and practicality. Approach to the choice of interior design practically.
5. If the family lives in the apartment of a few people from different generations, the mixture of styles has become a necessity. Each of them has their own tastes, and everyone must have his or her corner in which he or she would feel the most comfortable. This does not mean that the two-bedroom apartment should become a “traffic light”; you should create a smooth blend of styles.
6. It is rarely used full compliance of the style. As a rule, all the interiors are mixtures of several styles. It is important to make it harmonious. Modern domestic appliances look wildly against the backdrop of the historic interior. Therefore, if you do not want to get rid of the equipment to make the transition not as contrasting, remove the focus from the items or visually decorate or hide in niches or choose a built-in furniture.